Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blog

This past Sunday Jay D and I went to my parents for dinner. My mom (who is a fantastic cook) made my favorite dinner. Pot Roast with fresh mashed potatoes and gravy and red cabbage and a delicious salad with fruit in it & of course her famous homemade rolls! My mouth waters just thinking of it! Anyhow, while we were over at dinner at my parents house my grandma asked me "do you write down and keep track of your experiences?" I automatically said "no". Because those of you who know my grandma she is very into genealogy and wants to make sure that everyone is writing down there experiences in life.
After I had stated my words I than remembered of course I do! That is what my blog is for. It is our generations way of sharing our memories and events that happen in our life. Until that moment I hadn't realized how big of an asset this blog can be. Some people state there opinions that they are bragging blogs, or a way to say your better than someone else. But now I look at it from a different view. It is our way to do genealogy in more fun exciting type of way!
I haven't really had anything exciting to blog about because we don't really have anything exciting to blog about. We have, however, owned our house for one entire year! That is so crazy to me! I think that is something for me to blog about! This past year has gone by so flipping fast! Our lives have changed a lot! A bunch of our friends have kids and so we do a lot more things different than we would have a year ago. I graduated from cosmetology school in Oct. and now I have been doing hair for almost 9 months and have been working at 2nd Avenue Salon for 6 months. Although building a clientele can get very discouraging it can also be so uplifting! I have met so many amazing people and the support I have had from people has been so helpful for me!
I am for sure not perfect but I really do appreciate the people who have trusted me and continued coming to me to get there hair done because it is very uplifting to me and makes me feel like I can do this!
Also, in this past year I have learned a lot about patience and having faith. It is easier to say that we are only given trials that we can handle but at the same time it can be very difficult to remember that and not want to wonder why me?
Well this is me starting to write more things down because my grandma would be proud but it took her saying that to me to realize in my generation this is my genealogy!

No comments: