I wish cooking and baking were the same! I love to bake! I don't know why it is so much more appealing to me? Cooking on the other hand I am horrible at. Don't get me wrong I know how to cook but I am horrible at coming up with meals and using the food I have. I am always running to the store last min. to grab one ingredient I am missing. It is so frustrating.
I really need to cook more so that we can save money. We spend so much money on eating out and grabbing lunch etc. If I cooked enough food that we had leftovers we would have lunch and dinner for like 2 days.
What do you do for meal planning?
What have you found is the best way to save money when you cook?
How do you come up with meals?
How do you come up with meals that are yummy to you and yummy to a picky eater?
PLEASE I am begging!! I am on the verge of tears because I am horrible at this job being a wife!

5 comments:
You should check out www.dealstomeals.blogspot.com. They are a meal planning service that helps you save money by planning your meals around sale items each week. They also let you know when there are really great deals on items so you know when to stock up for food storage. They offer a free 2 week trial and it only costs $4.95/month after that.
Oh Lauren, you're not doing a horrible job as a wife! It's hard business keeping our families happy! This is a tricky topic, since having my baby and staying home for now I've come across this as well week after week. The difference is I love to cook but don't like to bake, haha! What I do is have some staple ingredients in my pantry bought in bulk and cook from there every week that are less expensive (like spaghetti, breadfast burritos, black beans, quinoa, salsa, etc...) and throw them together for a few days of the week every week. The other days I like to venture out and try something new. I read a lot of cooking blogs or websites to find new recipes. It can get expensive if you try to do that for every meal so I just do it a few times a week. It helps my cooking skills and it's fun! If we like it, we throw it into the rotation. Hope that helps a little, good luck woman!
Every Tuesday I check out the ads to see what's on sale at my favorite grocery store and plan my menu accordingly. I love using websites like kraftfoods.com and ourbestbites.com for ideas. Meals from both sites are easy, inexpensive, and yummy. It's hard to get used to the bigger grocery bill you end up with when you decide to eat at home, but it really is much cheaper than eating out all the time! My friend also has an awesome recipe blog. It's mrcone.blogspot.com. Happy cooking!!!
I was the exact same way. I don't know why that just didn't come easy for me at all. E-meals (there is a link on my page) has totally been a life saver for us. It give S me a shopping list for a week s worth of food (we do the family meal plan for leftovers and to make it last longer.) They have different meal plans to fit your fam. It is $ 15 for three months, and I know I probably always won't use this but for know its given me a really good jump start for dinner ideas and has helped us eat out MUCH less. Deals to meals is good to, to help you know all the deals out there but I like e-meals, better for their mealplans, easier to look at.anyway hope this might help. Let me know if you find a better solution:)
I make a weekly menu every Saturday and do my grocery shopping for the next week so that I don't have to make 10 extra trips to the store. I find recipes on food blogs - I like to try new things. And I LOVE the crock pot! Even if you just throw a couple of chicken breasts with some garlic salt and pepper, you could make lots of stuff with it. Good luck!
Post a Comment