24 twenty-four
This number has been a number I have HATED.
I had Logan at 24 weeks. He died on the 24th. I was really sick on my 24th birthday. When I would hear 24 I would cringe. I was afraid to ask how far along girls were because I was afraid they would say 24 weeks all nice and perky. I was jealous, envious, sad that I hadn't been able to say 24 weeks nice and perky. Instead it was I hope I can get to 30 weeks for about a day. 24 weeks is such a milestone in a pregnancy. It is more than half-way. It is 6 months along. There is a light at the end of the tunnel... my tunnel turned dark.
Well today 24 has a different meaning to me. I feel relief. I feel excitement. I feel hope.
Today I am 24 weeks 6 months along in my pregnancy and I am NOT in the hospital. I did not wake up to blood or fear...okay maybe just a little fear but that's to be expected.
Some highlights from this pregnancy are:
Between 6-14 weeks I was nauseous but never threw up but sometimes wish I would have.
I was tired and had no motivation to go anywhere and was just satisfied staying at home.
I got my cerclage placed at 15 weeks and the surgery went smoothly with no complications.
Until about 19 weeks nothing sounded good except Mexican. I wouldn't call it a craving but it was usually the only thing that sounded good to eat. I lived off of eggs & cottage cheese for weeks because sweets were disgusting and eggs & cottage cheese were full of protein.
I craved fruit especially raspberries the first trimester.
19 weeks on I started eating normal again and I put on the pounds...eek because my sweet tooth cravings suddenly came back. I've only gained 15 pounds total so far.. hopefully that is okay. I had never seen the scale that high.
I actually got my glucose drink for my next apt on the 11th.. never have gotten that far into my pregnancy. I am looking forward to 25 weeks and so on. I feel like I can get through this.
Little girl loves to move around at night.
People always are asking if we have a name picked out. If you asked my husband he would probably say yes.. but if you ask me I am still waiting for another name to pop out but her middle name will for sure be Logan.
Only 16 weeks left.. but 15 would be okay too! I can't wait to meet her and hold her and love her!!! Let the baby girl shopping planning begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:
I'm so happy yourr doing good! I couldn't stand mexican when I was preg and still can't! its funny what pregnancy does to ya
Hurray! :) Sending loves
Oh yay! I'm so glad! YOu are amazing and such a inspiration! I love you girlie and your little girlie, good luck with the next 16weeks! :)
Post a Comment