Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

31 Weeks

Today I am 31 weeks pregnant. Wowza that seems so far along for me. I am amazed at modern day medicine and so grateful that  with the help of modern day medicine I can be a mother to children here on earth because without it I probably wouldn't have that opportunity. I am grateful that if she came early from this point that her chances of survival are so much better.
 
This pregnancy has not been a piece of cake that is for sure. We have been given our ups and downs and it has made it very difficult for me to truly enjoy pregnancy. Honestly pregnancy now scares me and I am afraid I might not be able to have as many children as I had hoped because I may lose my sanity if I am pregnant too many more times and when I have children it will be even more difficult to be pregnant.  
 
It has been difficult to let others do things for me that I used to be able to do so easily. Like laundry, going up & down the stairs, lifting boxes and my nieces and nephews, standing on my feet for long periods of time. I have had to give up things that I love and things that I never thought I would miss. I am so grateful for my mom, mother in law & Jay D who have been more than willing to help me out with the things I haven't been able to do because without them my house would be an even bigger mess than it is now and I wouldn't have any clean clothes to wear. I can't wait to be able to do my own laundry and cleaning & cooking again.. who knew?!
 
3 more weeks and the doctor said I can do a little bit more and move around more and I will take advantage of getting little sisters nursery completed and clothes washed and put away. Than who knows maybe she'll come early but hopefully not before 36 weeks pregnant but really not before 34 weeks.
 
We've had 4 hospital visits this pregnancy and it makes me so grateful that my husband has a job that provides great health insurance for us or we would be dead broke. The nurses have been really nice to me and told me to always come up when I am uncertain due to my previous pregnancy. After my third visit I was really hoping to have no more visits to the hospital and that they told me if I was bleeding I was most likely dilating or to come if I was having consistent contractions. Well Saturday night I started to bleed and we rushed to the hospital and I thought great I am going to have this baby and its still to early to avoid the NICU experience again. I just want a healthy normal baby. Luckily I wasn't dilating and we have no idea what caused me to bleed. I felt so blessed that everything was okay but annoyed that I had to go to the hospital again and spend the night for the 3rd time! Poor Jay D has been a trooper and has slept on a recliner 3 times... hopefully the next time will be when we deliver our sweet angel and we get one of the nice big delivery rooms that has a bed for the dads.
 
We have felt the many prayers that have been sent our way and the love from so many of you and we feel so blessed to have many people praying for us.

2 comments:

Radiant Red said...

OH Lauren I am sending good vibes your way. Love you girl!!

Jesse.Amanda.Maelee said...

YAY!! You are getting so close!! I can't wait to meet her!