Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Customer is always right!

The other day Jay D and I and some of our friends went to this restaurant we really like! We all got there and decided we really weren't truly hungry but would like to share an appetizer and just socialize! We also had chips and salsa that were delicious! When we told our waitress we were only going to get an appetizer to share (cuz we felt bad we weren't ordering anything so we would get a appetizer at least so we weren't just coming in for chips and salsa) she got so rude! She grabbed our baskets of chips and rolled her eyes and you could just feel her bad vibe.
We were all like woah did we do something wrong? So when she came back I asked did we do something wrong because we got a bad vibe from you? We are not trying to cause any contention. My husband than asked can we get some more chips and salsa? she said "no because you have to order more food or they charge you for the 2ND basket of chips and salsa" (now she immediately assumed we weren't going to pay for the chips and salsa and was completely rude to us!!! )
I had never been so disrespected at a restaurant before! In my case the Customer is always right and if I had been in her position I would have said. Oh you only want an appetizer?
Okay that is fine, however, it is policy if you want more chips and salsa that I have to charge you if you don't order a certain amount of food, will you be okay with that? And we all would have said yes we understand that is okay or we would have said okay we'll be okay with no more chips! But no she had to immediately assume we were trying to steal there chips and salsa. Sorry to inconvenience you and for you to treat us so badly!
The most embarrassing part was everyone was staring at us! Like we were causing a huge scene so it was hilarious! I had never seen someone so boiled before over something so stupid!!!
We'll probably go back to this place but not for a while! And for all she knew we probably would have tipped well if she had just done what we asked because it was so cheap we usually just tip better cuz we aren't paying a lot!
but now its just something for us to laugh about and we were while it was happening!

No comments: