I am on my way to 23 weeks along..almost 6 months where my life changed so dramatically with Logan. If I can get to 25 weeks in the pregnancy I will feel as though I have hit a HUGE milestone. I have worked really hard to remain calm during this pregnancy with little sister but there have been days that have been harder than others. After going through what I did with Logan I assumed maybe things would go more smoothly and I wouldn't have too many scares but we have ran into a few bumps in the road a long the way. If you read my blog leave a comment.. I like knowing who I am sharing my raw feelings with. ha ha
I haven't talked much about the "bumps" in this pregnancy outside of my trust circle a.k.a parents and hubby because people seem to judge quickly. Now that I have walked over these bumps I would like to share them for the sake of keeping the details of this pregnancy for us to come back on and see what we have gone though and conquered together as a family. I often feel as though my faith and testimony is being tested and that I am an easy target for Satan because he can destroy my thoughts and confidence that I used to have in myself.
Other than going through the miscarriage stage of pregnancy and always worried that I could lose this little one early on things in the first trimester started out really good. Once the 2nd trimester started things started to get a lot harder for me.
Finding out the sex of your baby is such an exciting time for new parents. You can start planning your nursery theme and you can start picking out names for that gender specific. This time was a little different for me. Of course I didn't care what we were having I just want to bring this little girl home with me but part of me was so set on having a boy that I felt like I was grieving not getting my boy once again. I didn't have many boy things but I had Logan's bedding and some cute boy outfits already. My family has had only girls in the last 9 years and Logan was the first boy since my sisters twin boys... they are surrounded with all girl cousins. So having a boy again in the family was almost new to us. It was fun to pick out boy fabric and boy clothes for a little change. Don't get me wrong looking at girl things has been really fun and exciting but I missed out on the boy side of things so I had to conquer a new set of mind of planning on a little girl.
I'm not saying I won't one day have a boy, maybe I will and maybe I won't but just the thought that I had always wanted a boy first and a girl second turned out to be a little different than I had planned out in my mind. Logan would be watching out for his little sister in a different kind of way. It took me a little while to completely get excited for a girl but I was relieved that she was healthy and growing good.
After moving on from that moment of acceptance we were on our way to our next heartache and worry. I had an appointment with the Parinatologist at 18 weeks and I didn't know we would be getting a target ultrasound so that was a nice little surprise. Everything was looking good so far but in my mind I was so worried something would be wrong. When the Doctor came in he explained that their was a cyst on her brain that has been connected with down syndrome but was not always the case. He wanted to go over the u/s and double check everything because their are signs that are related to down syndrome. My heart dropped. Not that I would love her any less but I wondered if I could take on this new challenge. After looking over everything he said I wouldn't be worried because one sign is clenched fists and during the u/s she waved right at us with all fingers straight out. I cried a lot that day even though it was something that could go away but just the thought that something could be wrong worried me. My test results on the down syndrome test had come back negative and the other signs all looked good during the u/s. I found out at my last appt. that it had gone away and we no longer need to worry.
Here she is waving at us during her u/s
Jay D got his Degree...with our last name spelled wrong.. to be expected!
This is the fabric for baby girl's bedding... LOVE!
And here is the quilt I have been working on for her bedding.. so cute! can't wait until it is all finished
This last photo leads to our next scare during the pregnancy. Last Friday I woke up having a lot of contractions. I was so scared. Jay D had already left to work so I had my mom come up to labor and delivery with me. I was not going to sit around and second guess myself and wonder if I was doing the right things.
I had a bladder infection which I guess can cause an increase of contractions. They gave me some meds to help stop the contractions and I hung out till later that afternoon for a peace of mind. My nurse was fantastic and so nice. I was put on bed rest over labor day weekend until my appt. with the pari on Tuesday. I was so grateful for my sweet husband who took such good care of me and never complained the entire weekend as I continuously asked for more water, food and extra hugs. His parents and brother were also extremely helpful and brought us dinner and lunch over the weekend. It was nice to have a few visitors as it got boring laying in bed watching TV all weekend really fast.
At my appointment with the Pari everything looked good and he told me I did exactly the right thing and that I should always go up to L&D whenever I start to have contractions. He'd rather me cry wolf than be unsure. I was relieved because I get the impression some people think I am annoying and over paranoid. Well I am going to be because I want this baby more than anything in this world.
I look a little dumb in the picture but it explains our experience. =-) lol
We feel ever so grateful for the prayers from others and great family and friends. These pregnancies have been a traumatic experience in my life and I am so grateful for modern day medicine. I just might not have as many kids as I had hoped for to keep my sanity!






11 comments:
OH darling! I am so sorry that all of these scary things have been happening! I am sure I would be a basket case if they happened to me. You are one tough cookie! I will keep you in my prayers. I know how you feel about having a girl, after you carried a boy. It is strange, and I also got mixed emotions. However, I am sooo excited now, as I am sure you are too. I love you bunches girl! Wish you all the best~
Baby girls quilt is adorable! Even though this pregnancy has been stressful and had its own trials to conquer you are such an inspiration. The emotions and fears that come with pregnancy are hard enough to keep in control, let alone a difficult pregnancy. I am so happy that you, Jay D, and Logan are going to have this little girl in your family. Those ultrasound pictures are so tender and precious! Keep growing little one.
i am so happy that the cyst on her brain went away and that the tests came back negative. Of course you would still love her, but it would be hard! I'm glad that you are sharing this, it is hard i'm sure but it is healthy! get it out there! i hope and pray that the rest of your pregnancy goes well and that you are healthy and everything goes perfect. i love you, thanks so much for sharing!
I love you Lauren! You are so strong!!! And I'm glad the cyst went away! You didn't tell us that! :) YAY! And I just know this little girl's going to make a healthy arrival and on time! No early baby! :)
Thank you for sharing! Those aren't "little bumps" by the way, they sound like mountains! You go girl for climbing each one successfully! Always thinking about you and love to see your progress each week. It's like my tv show for the week, I can't wait to see new pictures of one more week down! You're so close to climbing that next mountain! Keep up the good work! :-)
Thanks for sharing your experiences and being so honest. I know we have never met ( I am Jayden Garfield's wife), but I love reading your blog. I hope it's ok if I read :) You are a very strong women, I admire you!
Thanks everyone for your comments! I know I had some readers out there but was unsure if they were creepy people or people I knew! I'm not awesome at commenting but its just reassuring I'm not sharing everything with creepers.. Well there might be a couple out there ha ha
I'm glad you shared! Its wonderful to read. It's kinda like I am reading your heart instead of just your thoughts. :) I'm sorry you have had to have scares even with this little girl. That's no fun. You are always in my thoughts and prayers sweetie and the little one you are carrying. You did right by going to Labor and Delivery. Better to be safe then sorry. You are smart and don't let anyone make you feel any different. And don't worry about others thinking you are paranoid. This is YOUR baby. You have every right to feel what you feel. Love ya!
Lauren, you have gone through so much and are such an inspiration to me. You are a wonderful mother to sweet Logan and to baby girl. You and your family Are In my prayers
I have been keeping up with you through your mom, so I knew some of what you've gone through, but I haven't heard all of it. Thanks for sharing. I'm keeping you guys in my prayers.
I love the bedding material, that will be cute. The quilt is SO darling - you are your mother's daughter :-) Can't wait to see it finished.
Congrats to JayD!
Please forgive me! I haven't stayed up on my blog reading the past few months and have missed some posts here and there.
First, I am so happy that these trials you mentioned are behind you. I'm sure you will have fear/anxiety until your sweet little girl is in your arms, but it seems as though you have overcome so many hard parts of your pregnancy!
I thought it was interesting to read about how you wanted another boy. I was the opposite and thought it would be easier if I were having a girl! It makes me feel less guilty for not being thrilled with the gender reveal, knowing I'm not the only one that got what they weren't anticipating/hoping for.
Post a Comment