As Mothers day comes up around the corner I can't help but think of my two sweet children. My life is forever changed because of these two and in two completely different ways. With Logan I never new heartache until I had to let him return to our heavenly father and with Makenna I never knew how much my heart could be healed from having such a broken heart.
Last year I was so grateful to be pregnant on Mother's day because I could not bare going through yet another Mother's day with out a child on the way. I remember feeling so grateful to be pregnant for a day that I had dreaded since I said goodbye to Logan. Christmas was horrible and my birthday was horrible. Every holiday without him was just another reminder that I should have had him here with me. I absolutely feel blessed but at times feel completely guilty because of all my friends and family who want to continue their family. I am very sensitive to others about babies and having children.
I know one to many woman who are dealing with the same heartache of needing and wanting a child this mothers day. It is easy for us to point our fingers and say they aren't a mother because they have no children but do you really know their story? Maybe they've recently suffered a miscarriage or loss. Maybe they have been trying to have children for years. Maybe the doctor just told her she may never be able to have children. Maybe she was picked for adoption and the birth mother changed her mind. Maybe this woman never had the opportunity to get married and was unable to have children of her own. In my eyes every woman is a mother whether she is holding a child in her arms or not.
Two years ago I read a article in the Ensign about Mothers day and how it was so difficult for a woman who had never been married and how she didn't want to go to church because it was so difficult. Instead one year she decided to sit with a family with children and help out that young mother whose arms were full and could hardly listen to the talk that was being given. She was able to feel like a mother and help lighten the burdens of this young mother. It would have been in the April or May Ensign of 2011 because it was right before I found out I was expecting Logan.
I remember reading this and thinking of how I was able to take opportunities to help other mothers with their children and that even though I didn't have a child of my own in my arms I was able to help other mothers with their beautiful children.
Try to remember all mothers, Children or no children, this coming Sunday because in one way or another we are a mother to someone!



2 comments:
Love this! Echos how I feel.
Lauren those are quite the inspiring words...and I love all of it! you've been through so much along with a lot of other women, and yet you are such a strong person because of all of it. I really do admire you. It was a hard time with Logan, but you have Mckenna to make up for the sadness. She was sent here pretty fast, and it was to heal you. Logan wanted to see you happy, so he kicked Mckenna out of heaven!! You are such a great person! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Post a Comment