Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mommy Questions!

It is so good to know I can post a "Mommy Question" on my blog knowing that  a lot of you have great answers!

I know its still kind of early for all of this BUT I have 3 used car seats that will give me 25% off BIG purchase items.... So this is where I need your help!

I am going to buy my crib & car seat and something else that is expensive.

This is the Crib I have picked out! I love that its simple, white, great for boys & girls since I am going to be using it for all my children & it had great reviews!

My next question is car seat...
I would like one that is gender neutral and light weight but high safety features because you can't put a price tag on safety! What are the best brands? I need to find this car seat at babies r us for the discount. I don't want to spend a fortune. Suggestions please?

Stroller...
I am not going to get the travel system because they are huge and take up your whole trunk space and they have these great smaller size ones that I think just look fantastic.. what are your points, views etc?
Something like this (obviously not these colors) But you can still have the features of the big ones with space underneath, cup holders, etc. but not all the extra package it carries!!

What are the best brands? Fill me up with your baby knowledge because I still feel like I am in a dream!



8 comments:

Tama said...

Well the brand that I like is Graco and I hear a lot of good things about. On car seats for the safest they will weight a lot ours will stay with her longer plus the baby is the one who makes it heavy. also I liked getting the stroller car combo set cause it saves a lot of money, then buying them separate will cost more but the stroller it is a bit bulky. But its up to what you do. Tami

Amy said...

all i know is that you should choose a carseat that doesn't have to go above the baby's head, they are no good! And as for stroller I say get a jogger. They fold nicely and you can get the kind that carseats fit into if you want! plus you can manuver them very easily and i have bought many things with babies and that is my favorite purchase!!!

Angie said...

There is nothing better than a carseat that can fit into your stroller when you have a sleeping baby. One of the best baby inventions ever! You won't want to wake up your baby to put them in the stroller. That stroller you posted looks like one that would come in a travel system. So my recommendation is to really find out about travel systems. They are great when your baby is little. They do fill up your trunk but not that bad. After that we have always used a smaller stroller that's a little better than an umbrella stroller. Like this- http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Ct0-6-Lightweight-Stroller-Topazio/dp/B001OM3YL0/ref=sr_1_10?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1314671084&sr=1-10
I found a good deal on ebay on one. Good luck- baby shopping is fun! Expensive but fun!

Skye said...

I bought a cheaper carseat at first, then upgraded to a Britax and it has been awesome. I agree with Tama, I'd get a combo for the infant seat and stroller. Have fun shopping!

anna said...

I got the Baby Trend Expedition travel system. (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2991668&searchURL=false) And I agree, it does take up room in your trunk, which is pretty annoying, but the benefits of having it is worth it. I like the three-wheels on the jogging stroller better than the little wheels (like in the one you have posted), I feel like the little wheels get caught weird sometimes, and you can't change them out as easily if they get worn down, like you can with the bike tires on the jogger.

John and Aleesa said...

The crib you have picked out looks like the same one I bought for Jolie and I love it. It looks so cute in her room. :) Also, I have the Baby Trend Expedition travel system in green and it has been great. It is so much easier to jog and even walk around with because of the huge wheels- we can go off-roading in that thing! It is a little hard to fit in the trunk, but I bought an umbrella stroller for like $15 and that's what we use when we go other places.

Michelle said...

Here's my opinion on the stroller - it's so much easier if you do a stroller that your carseat can snap onto. That way your baby can still sleep comfortable anytime you go for a walk or if you're out shopping or whatever. Here's the one we used:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=baby+stroller&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13030678108410599196&sa=X&ei=lOlfTq-kI-XKiAKB_9m2Dg&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAA

Sorry for the super long link :) And then when the baby grows out of the carseat, you can upgrade to a nice umbrella stroller.

The crib is super cute! I think white is a great choice :) My sis has a black one like the one you posted and her two-yr-old can totally climb out of it. He can't climb out of mine, though. The sides are high on both sides. Something to think about for when the baby gets more mobile.

So many things to think about when buying baby stuff, isn't there! Good luck!

Brittany said...

If I could do it over I wouldn't buy a combo. But everyone is so different. I would buy the stroller that is just a frame for a car seat. Jodi used it with macie and loved it. Then when your baby gets a little older I would buy a nicer umbrella stoller/mini stroller. Like the one you have showing. Just a thought. Good Luck!!