Thank you to everyone who was able to donate for Logan's Buddies. I was amazed at how many people donated and how many buddies we were able to get. 47 buddies to be exact..WOW!
This was a way for me to heal and do something wonderful in my son's name. I wanted his experience and spirit to comfort and love other babies and families.
At first when we started it I was hoping that he would be in the NICU during Christmas and it would be a way to bring comfort to the families spending that day at the hospital. However, things took a turn for the worst and I wasn't sure what to do about it anymore. I felt embarrassed asking people to donate because I didn't want anyone to feel obligated. That's when I was so touched by how many people Logan had touched while he was here on earth. Such a sweet little guy had such a BIG impact.
My sister Sheena is a nurse at McKay on the peds floor. She was working the other day and was in a patients room and noticed he had a Scentsy buddy. (they had so many that they gave a few to the peds floor)
It happened to be the Lion which was Logan's buddy. She said that she immediately felt like Logan was there with her. I was glad I was able to hear a little bit about the effect it has had on other families. I know my buddy is what I hold when my arms feel empty and sad. Although, Roarbert was a lot bigger than Logan was.
Logan's trademark is Lion's. At first I was going to do a monkey safari themed room but when my mom and I went to pick out his fabric none of the monkey fabric was what I was quite looking for. Than I found THE cutest fabric ever. It was safari themed but with Lions, giraffes, elephants, and hippos. The colors were perfect and the animals were more vintage looking than cartoon like. I fell in love immediately. So I ordered Roarbert the Lion from the Scentsy Buddies and it sat in his closet waiting to be placed in his crib.
After we had Logan, I was so grateful I already had his lion because I was able to bring him up to the NICU to "watch over" my baby while I couldn't be there. I never thought that Scentsy buddies would hold such a special place in my heart. These will be baby gifts for all future cousins, friends, and my babies. Because I want Logan to always watch over the ones I love.




2 comments:
Love this post. I love that you did that for Logan and for all of the sweet tiny new babies. You are amazing.
These are so cute and perfect for the babies and kids. I'm glad that you were able to get so many!
Post a Comment